Friday, November 28, 2008

A New Beginning

It starts with some jewelry I found online. In an "etsy" shop. For those of you who do not know what etsy is, you simply have to go check out http://www.etsy.com. They have the best hand-crafted selection I have ever seen. From jewelry to clothing to home decor to children's items. Its amazing.

So, back to the jewelry. I have recently taken up jewelry making as a hobby. There seems to always be some new hobby I learn. A few years ago, it was painting. Before that it was scrapbooking. Before that it was sewing. You see what I mean. Well, before when I was painting and scrapbooking, I would sell some of my things on ebay to offset the cost of my hobby. It worked out just fine. So, I was thinking I would do the same with some of my jewelry.

In the process of wanting to sell some of my jewelry (on etsy), I came across a "critique" thread in the etsy forums on shops. This wonderful girl was dishing it straight on why everyone's shop needed work and the number one thing was always the banner. She was right-on in what was wrong (color, scale, font, etc) so I decided to re-do one of the shop's banners... I was hooked and the rest is history.

No comments:

Post a Comment